Valentine's Day February 14 - show your love with roses, chocolates, flowers, romantic gestures & simple love letters
The day to show your love, be it as a secret admirer, or to those close to you. Stuck for an idea on what to do, read more here on:
Romantic Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day
Stuck for an idea of what to do on Valentine's Day?
How about a picnic in the park ? Cliched maybe, but as I hear recently, cliches are cliches because they worked!
Dinner for two but not sure where to go. Menulog has a list of venues organising set menus for the night. Better still, some have great discounts and offers if you book online. The site lists restaurants by suburb in Melbourne and Victoria-wide. Also includes menus, customer reviews and some critic reviews to help you make your choice. The restaurants, bars and cafes range in price and menu, so you can make sure you set the right romantic scene. Read more here ...
A Valentine's Day gift idea from outside the square?
Bungy Jumping to show your love ... skywriting (this seems to have stopped over recent years, but I think it is still romantic and something every girl deserves once in her lifetime. Read more here ...
Valentine's Day Roses and Flowers Special Offers, Coupons, Free Delivery etc:
Several online and instore savings can be made when ordering flowers for Valentine's Day, or you can put the savings back into a bigger bouquet of roses and chocolates for your sweetheart.
Some of the current specials Good Tidings has spotted for Valentine's Day:
Flowers if she says she doesn't want flowers? They are always appreciated and brighten up a room, however, you can change it up a little and give a pot plant, a chilli plant (you're hot), or a chocolate bouquet of flowers? A pot plant is a gift that lasts more than a week.
Need help writing in the card?
Read a blog with advice on writing something romantic, friendship based, for new/old love, or for those unsure what they feel. Read more HERE ...
Valentine's Day food and recipes.
Picnic foods for a romantic date need to be bite sized, and not leave anything oozing, dripping, or hanging from your mouth, or down your shirt. Anything that requires a bib or steak knife to cut is not sexy. Shucking oysters and cracking lobster shells is a different story (and invited me to that picnic please!)
Easy foods, both for clean eating and easy preparation include:
- Wraps. Meat or vegetarian with a bit of salad are clean and easy. They don't really share well, so it doesn't truly count as a romantic food.
- Mini quiches. It may be said that real men don't eat quiche, but at a picnic they do disappear quickly and I'm sure it isn't all the women scoffing them! You can make these easily with a few eggs, some shortcrust pastry or puff pastry and a bit of pre-cut bacon. Or you can buy them from a deli. They are tasty, but easy to eat too many.
- Heart shaped foods are very sweet for Valentine's Day. You can quickly whip up some heart shaped cookies, pancakes, piklets, fritters, mini pizzas or cakes before the picnic and will definitely get an ohhhh sound from the picnic guest. Aldi is selling very cute heart shaped pasta at the moment if you are quick, (and interested).
- Chocolates , heart shaped or normal as a great way to end a Valentine's Day meal. Choclate cups with chocolate mousse (or other dessert) are a personal favourite.
- Wine and cheese night. Easy to pick up. Make sure it is a quality wine and at least one quality cheese. Add some crackers, tomato, quince paste, capsicum or other cheese combo and you are set for a romantic picnic without any fuss (just check no on is lactose intolerant!)
- A Valentine's Day cocktail . A great idea to set the mood. Something red or pink is perfect. Bubbles for that special lady. A champagne cocktail with sparkling wine, chambord (or grenadine) and some orange juice is a great starter on a warm summer night. A strawberry dacquiri is another great drink, pink, cool and tasty.
Chocolates and chocolate bouquets from Wishlist:
Bear Hugs and Chocolates
$81.50 Available at Wishlist
Baci Sweet Chocolate Bloom in Purple
$57.50 Available at Wishlist
Creative High Tea For 4
$300.00 Available at Wishlist
Swan Valley Winery Tour
$100.00 Available at Wishlist
Chocolate Making Workshop - VIC
$130.00 Available at Wishlist
Bucket of Love
$51.50 Available at Wishlist